- 3 to 4 bunches broccoli rabe (about 4 pounds total)
- Kosher salt to taste
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Large pinch red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
Quickly blanch broccoli rabe in boiling water.
Heat olive oil with the red pepper flakes and garlic in a large skillet. Drain broccoli rade and immediately add to the hot skillet tossing to coat with the oil. Season with the salt and freshly ground pepper.
This is great as a vegetable or tossed with pasta, even as a topping on a pizza.
Its great left over in an omelet. .